We at RefuTales are always looking for like-minded individuals who would like to join us or help us in some way. You decide yourself how much time you’d like to contribute. All help is welcome—big or small. Are you (or do you know) someone who would like to get involved then contact us via email or this contact form:
RefuTales is recruiting:
- Managing Editor overseeing our English language operations
- Managing Editor overseeing our Dutch language operations
- Translators from English to French
- Translators from Dutch to English
Here are a couple of other ways in which you can get involved:
- If you are a refugee, we’re always looking for people to be interviewed. Why not you? To facilitate communication, it’d be ideal if you spoke some English, Dutch, German or French. If you would rather express yourself in Arabic, then you can contact Sajida (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Help us find fascinating interview subjects. Do you know refugees who could be interested in our project? Direct them to us or introduce us to them. We will deal with the rest!
- Tell others about RefuTales, so that refugees’ voices are spread even further. We are always keen to present our initiative. Send us tips about events where we could share our ideas.
- If you would like to talk to interesting refugees and write about their ideas, you can become a contributor for RefuTales. You can write in English, Dutch, German, French and Arabic. We’ll do the translations into the other languages.
- If you speak some of the languages above and feel comfortable about writing in at least one, become a translator and thereby help RefuTales become available to more readers. You can also be an editor, making sure that the writing is to the point.
- If you’re a web designer, you can help us make the website more visually attractive.
- Do you like to draw? You can provide us with illustrations for the blogposts with anonymous interviewees.
- Do you yourself work on a refugee project? Feel free to contact us – there may be opportunities to join forces and collaborate with us.
- Lastly, if you like the project but do not have the contacts or the time to contribute, you can donate to RefuTales to help cover overheads like website hosting costs.
This list is not exhaustive—if you have any skills that you’d like to contribute, just get in touch with us.